On Sat, 28 Oct 2023 at 06:34, Patrik Karlström <pat...@trixon.se> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is related to the OS, Fedora in my case or if it's a
> netbeans thing.
>
> Using the touchpad to scroll up and down also invokes a trigger happy two
> finger swipe left and/or right and the result is that the editor might switch
> tabs or jump between "editor points" within the current file.
>
> Is this behaviour possible to disable on the netbeans side?

I'm assuming this is with a NB20 release candidate?

This is likely some fallout from
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6434  This registers mouse
buttons as alternative shortcuts for the back and forward code history
actions.

You can search for the back and forward actions in Options / Keymap
and remove the mouse button shortcuts.  I know it's a little odd to
have mouse buttons in the keymap, but we were already using this for
mouse wheel actions.

Is your touchpad normally that trigger happy in other applications?
What about browsers?

Is this on Wayland out of interest?

Best wishes,

Neil