Thanks Michael. Although I don't distribute my own bytecode, I do hope
people may find it valuable one day.

I currently use private static methods if I need to do anything before
calling super and this new feature does promise me some release from this
ugly way of doing things. I think perhaps I can wait until this feature is
made generally available.