I'm just getting into Maven and I'm trying to find a good book that describes the POM and Maven. I'm just going through the Apache Maven Project POM reference and things like:

   According to the POM 4.0.0 XSD, the |build| element is conceptually
   divided into two parts: there is a |BaseBuild| type which contains
   the set of elements common to both |build| elements (the top-level
   build element under |project| and the build element under
   |profiles|, covered below); and there is the |Build| type, which
   contains the |BaseBuild| set as well as more elements for the top
   level definition. Let us begin with an analysis of the common
   elements between the two.

are a real puzzler.

If this isn't the correct place to ask then please direct me to the correct source.

thanks