Sorry about the late response.

Thank you all. I looked at the reference site and, sigh, to download the book I need to provide my email. I don't do this. Not because I object but I object to the endlessly following emails trying to sell me something, or tell me something, or encouraging me to do something. So, no book.

But I did find something, "Introducing Maven". It's old but it addresses topics in a way that I personally find satisfying. For one, it provides a consistent overview of topics, going into enough detail to illustrate a single point, and explaining that point, before going on. And to the point I have read, there are no errors; and all terms and tags are defined. I would add that in that long time past I was told that in order to provide a good presentation you should "say what you're going to say, say it, tell what you have said", and to this "Introducing Maven" does.

This is a significant departure from the Apache Maven collection in which none of the tutorial or referenced material has an overview but does have any one or all of errors, incomplete information on a topic, use of unexplained tags, endless references to material which suffers from the above. This condition exists in every single one of the tutorial and non-tutorial material I have looked at.

I have also looked at other book(s). Of those I have looked at none have an overview of the material to be covered.

I am endlessly grateful for your help.

thanks
art