The Keystore user had "view processor" and "modify processor" permissions.
Still did not work. Its odd since NiFi UI can make imports, so the CLI
should be able to.

Speed wise.. JVM takes a few seconds to start. The command to list buckets
takes ~13 seconds. Its kind of rough. I noticed however from inside the cli,
the first command is slow, but then things start getting cached and running
faster. You dont get the same benefits when executing many commands by
calling ./cli.sh <command> <args>.

I think I'm going to have a problem in deployment with setting variables..
since every operation takes 12-15 seconds.

You can imagine a standard deployment goes like this

bucket_id = registry list-buckets with this $bucket_name
flow_id = registry list-flows get flow_id with this bucket_id and this
$flow_name
pg_id = nifi pg-import with this bucket_id, flow_id, and flow_version

now lets say you have 20-30 variables to set
nifi pg-set-var -pgid $PGID -var someVar -val someVal

nifi pg-start

That is a typical deployment. But if you have 20-30 variables to set and
each one takes ~12-13 seconds to set, youre looking at ~5 minutes just
setting variables.

Thoughts? Why isnt there an equivalent Registry REST call for it? Perhaps
that will be quicker.. although i like using the CLI only.

I noticed there is a rest api for nifi itself, but it seems to want to
replace the whole contents of variable registry rather then just set 1
variable which is what the CLI provides
(/process-groups/{id}/variable-registry).

--
Sent from: http://apache-nifi-users-list.2361937.n4.nabble.com/