Joe

I dont recall the specific version in which we got it truly sorted but
there was an issue with our default settings for an important content repo
property and how we handled mixture of large/small flowfiles written within
the same underlying slab/claim in the content repository.

Please check what you have for conf/nifi.properties
  nifi.content.claim.max.appendable.size=

What value do you have there?  I recommend reducing it to 50KB and
restarting.

Can you show your full 'nifi.content' section from the nifi.properties?

Thanks