On May 31, 2012, at 7:37 AM, Jim May wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I appreciate the effort the community is putting into TomEE. Unfortunately,
> it is a nightmare to use when developing applications. The biggest problem
> is trying to get the dependencies to work together. I use Netbeans IDE and
> I am trying to setup a restful webservice with Jersey and EclipseLink JPA
> 2. I find that have to constantly move my libraries into the TomEE lib
> folder. I cannot simply use the libraries as part of my project. Now i have
> gotten to the point where there is a class not found in compiling and the
> class is already part of the libraries in the lib folder. I think I am
> going to have to throw my hands up in the air and go back to Glassfish. I
> have spent close to 10 hours trying to figure this out. I have been
> hurdling error after error after error. My recommendation to you is to make
> development as easy as possible with developers using specific libraries
> with TomEE.

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give this feedback.  The detail is
truly appreciated and there are plenty of things that are actionable.

This is the second time we've seen this in recent days.  Having this feedback
come in from a different source with slightly different libraries does help us
significantly.

If you're willing to try out another binary at least quickly, I'd like to do a
little bit of an experiment.  That experiment is a very stripped down version
of TomEE.

Not a silver bullet solution, but will definitely help us isolate and solve
this more generically.  Getting some "it works" starting point and coding back
to the middle ground is what is required to solve this problem definitively.

If at all possible as well, could you list the 3rd party jars in your webapp (a
basic 'ls WEB-INF/lib/')?

Thanks so much for the feedback, Jim.  If you're willing to bare with us just a
bit more I'm confident we can learn a great deal.

-David