We're hacking on the release now, it'll be a scramble to get it done by the end
of the month but should be doable.  No Apache project can actually guarantee a
date due to voting -- it takes a minimum of 3 days per Apache bylaws and can't
be closed till certain conditions are met -- such as getting enough votes.  As
it's a volunteer organization and difficult to get people's time, we typically
get last minute feedback that requires new binaries and a new vote and another
3 days.

So the best I can say is we're trying very hard to get it out before JavaOne /
end of the month.

As that sounds very scary, as a point of reference, we were in this same
position last year and made the "before JavaOne" date.  We got our *first* ever
100% TCK pass on September 23rd (cutting it very close) and were able to get a
release out and announcement ready by JavaOne.

If we're able to get a vote started by mid week, we should be able to make it
by end of the month no problem.

-David