hmm jndi.properties is not managed by openejb directly in your case
byt InitialContext IIRC

why not simply passing these properties to openejb when starting the container?

Note: "new" EJBContainer API ignores jndi.properties IIRC

for the datasource you can create a conf folder (in ".") and add
openejb.xml file. For hibernate you'll need to add it somewhere else
(you can use altdd to define a test.persistence.xml normally)

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau