about root url with 1.5.1 it should be the build dir (well we look at
classpath persistence.xml so if resources is in the classpath...) but
you can avoid it specifying your entities. From arquillian in fully
embedded mode that's not so easy to get it right (you can specify it
using new StringAsset(..) so no root url)

about the datasource just define a resource called "foo" (whatever you
want but not java:foo) and use "foo" in the persistence.xml
(java:/my/own/jdbc/dbUnitDS is not standard in this place)

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau