well it works because the classloader of apps/yourjar will delegate to
lib but that's just a side effect IMO (would be wrong for a webapp).

the fix will be tomorrow in tomee 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT

about the ear...after the first start it will be unpacked then webapp
will be unpacked too so finally what do you have? all is exploded and
match your need ;). You can even create this fake hierarchy yourself,
just ensure you have an application.xml

does it match better your need this way?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau