Hi,

The services file was intentionally moved under
OPENJPA-1622<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1622>.
It's not clear from the JIRA why it was moved, but my guess is that it was
causing problems with the aggregate jars or OSGi.

I'm not sure that's a lot of help. If you try manually adding the services
entry, do the metamodel classes get generated correctly?

-mike