Hi.

thx for pointing out the -processor thingy. This works basically and i dont
have to worry what kind of jar to include or to check where the service file is
(the openjpa team should really think about putting it to
openjpa-persistence.jar again).

So i see a lot of metamodel classes got generated but during this process i got
this:

    [javac] An annotation processor threw an uncaught exception.
    [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
    [javac] java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$PackageSymbol cannot be cast to
javax.lang.model.element.TypeElement
    [javac]     at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.meta.AnnotationProcessor6.process(AnnotationProcessor6.java:207)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.callProcessor(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:625)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.discoverAndRunProcs(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:554)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.processing.JavacProcessingEnvironment.doProcessing(JavacProcessingEnvironment.java:699)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.processAnnotations(JavaCompiler.java:981)
    [javac]     at
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:727)
    [javac]     at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:353)
    [javac]     at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:279)
    [javac]     at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:270)
    [javac]     at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:69)
    [javac]     at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:54)

So now my build fails and this before my very own classes get compiled. I get a
lot of metamodel classes and within that process that ClassCastException occurs.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org