Based on the documentation I've read, it didn't occur to me as a user that proxying stemmed from detachment. I had the concept in mind that proxying was a two part process: attachment - or putting the proxy in place of the original object, and detachment - or replacing the original object.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyways, I've found a way to speed up the proxying process, by caching the result of my objects getters, since they take time to produce the return value.

-Aron