Also,
When class A has a property of type class B, and both instances are persisted, the B instance does not need to be proxied because any mutation made on the B instance will be noticed by the entity manager since it is persisted. However, I believe the current behavior is to create a proxy for the B instance. If I am right, this is a source of redundancy that could be eliminated.

-Aron

On 6/15/2011 3:11 PM, Aron Lurie wrote:
Based on the documentation I've read, it didn't occur to me as a user that proxying stemmed from detachment. I had the concept in mind that proxying was a two part process: attachment - or putting the proxy in place of the original object, and detachment - or replacing the original object.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyways, I've found a way to speed up the proxying process, by caching the result of my objects getters, since they take time to produce the return value.

-Aron

On 6/15/2011 11:47 AM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:
it still attaches proxies during commit,
It was my bad. Looks like your environment is ready to absorb changes.
Please update on trunk -- that has a correct NONE logic that will bypass
proxy on commit.

-----
Pinaki
--
View this message in context: http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/Speeding-up-commit-tp6474341p6479404.html
Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Reply via email to