I'm trying to do the same thing - show different WMS layers based on zoom
level, but it isn't working for me... the first layer I add to the map is
shown for all zoom levels. Could someone please provide an example?

Or tell me what I'm doing wrong (I've tried many different combinations, but
here is my latest):

    var baseTextureLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
        'WMS - Textured', baseLayerUrls, texturedBaseLayerParams,
baseLayerOptions, {
            isBaseLayer: false,
            //minZoomLevel: 13
            minResolution: defaultMapOptions.resolutions[12]
        }
    );
    var baseDrawnLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
        'WMS - Drawn', baseLayerUrls, baseLayerParams, baseLayerOptions, {
            isBaseLayer: false,
            //maxZoomLevel: 12
            maxResolution: defaultMapOptions.resolutions[11]
        }
    );
    map.addLayers([baseDrawnLayer, baseTextureLayer]);