On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Kadal Amutham <vka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By exporting to pdf, one may loose all the animation. There is no viewer
> for OpenOffice, and logically it is not required. Install OpenOffce, where
> you want to run the presentation.
>
> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480

You can choose to save animations in the PDF dialog.  However animations
are non-critical and in fact a pointless decorative fancy that serious
users of impress shouldn't use in any case.  The critical factor is the
Enduser, as Stephen has pointed out, the Enduser of his presentations is
Digitally Challenged and installing a new piece of software just to view
a single presentation is not an optimal solution.  PDF is, which is why
we have export to PDF, just for this very situation, a factor that has
put us ahead of the opposition for quite a number of years.  AOOs
handling of the PDF format is one of it's great strengths.  Something to
be celebrated, not suppressed.  Use of an open format like PDF also
means that we don't have to force people to install our software, just
to view it, another of our strengths.

Cheers
GL