At 00:28 22/02/2013 -0600, Jonly Bonly wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:09:55 +0000 Brian Barker wrote:
At 13:44 21/02/2013 -0600, Jonly Bonly wrote:
Because of the major foul-up of a couple of list members today by sending out the complete addresses of everyone in the 'To' field, ...

"Everyone"? You seem to think that the visible addresses had something to do with the membership of this mailing list.

Oh good grief. You know exactly what was meant, you're just acting childish.

That's a quite silly claim - and quite wrong, of course. What you said suggested that you thought the publicised addresses had something to do with the list. Another reply to your message said "PLEASE keep the list secure", implying its author had interpreted your message similarly. No doubt others did, too. (Advertising other addresses on the list is bad practice and uses the list inappropriately, but does not represent an insecurity of the list itself.)

I'd meant to ask that in the list of the mail client I use. Simply got carried away and forgot that I was still in the AOo list.

Perhaps it's not surprising that I (and others) were confused, then!

Brian Barker