Because of the major foul-up of a couple of list members today by sending out
the
  complete addresses of everyone in the 'To' field, it made me think to ask a
  question that might possibly help end or at least slow that kind of mistake
down.

  Is there a way to make it so that when the compose window opens it's
automatically
  made to 'Bcc' instead of 'To', unless the 'List' button is clicked?

  This way, if someone wants to let the world know who it's actually 'To', they
have
  to open the drop-down list and select it, just as we have to do now to select
  'Bcc'.

  This can also come in handy for even the most careful of us who can sometimes
  accidentally do the same mistake as was made here today (I've done it once
since
  '95, but that's once enough!).

  JB

--
Man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only
animal that has the True Religion -- several of them.  -Mark Twain