On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:02:36 -0000, Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org> wrote:

No, Print Preview does not show the automatically inserted blank pages. At least, it doesn't on my system. On my documents, in Print Preview, the only hint that blank pages have been inserted is in the page numbers. If one chapter ends on a right page, the next chapter automatically begins on a right page so a left page is inserted to cause this to happen. Right pages always have odd-numbered pages, so if one chapter ends on, say, page 21, the next chapter will begin on page 23 so you know that blank page 22 was inserted. However, if you export to pdf, the pdf file will have the blank pages.

i could achieve similar results when setting 'tools/options/openoffice.org writer/print/print automatically inserted blank pages' to false and 'file/export as pdf/general/export automatically inserted blank pages' to true. however, the former seems to synchronise with the latter on the event of exporting. (aoo 3.4.1 on winxp sp2.)