At 23:17 12/03/2013 +0000, Stephen Schneider wrote:
Before switching to OO, I used ms word, where it was possible to view text documents continuously: i.e., pages were separated by one line only. To set this up, one went to the 'View' heading and chose 'Normal.' Now, in OO, pages are separated by a blue area (the background?), so when one goes down a multi-page document, there's a jump after every page. The document is discontinuous, which I don't like. So, the questions: is it possible in OO for pages to be separated by one line (and not by the gap described above)?

Not that I know of. But you may be able to make use of View | Web Layout, which displays your document without its page structure (but doesn't lose what you have in the document); this enables you to concentrate on the text itself and not the final layout.

How to make this the default for viewing documents?

Again, I don't think you can. But this viewing style appears to be saved with documents, so you would need to set it only once for each document. You could also save a template in Web Layout view, even perhaps making this your default template for new documents. But I see no way of making this happen automatically for documents you receive from others.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker