On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> For major edits (such as relayout or rewrite of the text) you need to use
> an OCR utility to read the text in the PDF

Rory,

There is a fundamental misconception here. A PDF is NOT a bitmap. A PDF,
more often than not, contains the TEXT inside, not a picture (bitmap) of
the page requiring OCR to extact the text.

That is on PROPERLY CREATED PDF files. I've seen lots of people who don't
know what they're doing that just "scan pages and build a PDF". In those
instances, YES, the PDF doesn't contain searchable text, just bitmaps
(images) of every page. But that's not a properly created PDF file to begin
with.

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell