From: Anthony J. Rudgers [mailto:anthonyrudg...@att.net]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:07 PM
To: Arthur Schwarz; users@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: Anthony Rudgers
Subject: Re: Reading and Exporting spreadsheets--another commentary

Greetings All,

Here's (imho) another example of the symptoms of the coding flaws inherent
in the present OOo software suite.  You do something according to one set of

seemingly-valid protocols & get one result (or, perhaps, non-result), & then

you do it according to another set of also-valid protocols, & get an
entirely different result (or non-result).   This, at least to me, would
indicate that there are instances of differing, &, consequently,
inconsistent, coding within OOo.  I've experienced a similar inconsistency
in OOo code in another area.

I submit this query.  Do proponents of OOo software, want to deal w/ &
correct such problems, deny they exist, ignore them & "move on" (as embodied

in the posting: "I'm tired of this thread, can't we talk about something
else?"), throw up their hands & say that such inherent problems are just "a
fact of life--so live w/ them," or, simply, verbally abuse & belittle the
OOo users who point them out to this "community"?

Best wishes,

Anthony J. Rudgers
Orlando, FL U.S.A.