On 01/26/14 06:00, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Gary Aitken schrieb:
>> On 01/25/14 15:59, Maurice Howe wrote:
>>> When you use "short edge" is there an "apply" tab or anything
>>> like that?
>>
>> No.  It's a dropdown, so it shows up once the menu is clicked; then
>> an "OK" to dismiss the whole dialog, then a "Print" to actually set
>> the process in motion from the main print dialog.
>>
>> Wish I could at least figure out whether it was the driver or AOO,
>> as it was working a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I don't have
>> another printer that has duplex capability.  I suspect it's the
>> driver, but I'll be danged if I can figure out what's wrong with
>> it.
>>
> Isn't there a setting in the driver or in the operating system to
> print raw data?

No.  The only thing that looks like it could be raw output is the choice
in the properties subdialog of the print dialog called
"Printer Language Type" which allows selection of pdf (the default) and
several levels of postscript, one of which is labelled "from driver" which
I assume means use the driver says it likes ps.

How does OO do printing?  Does it produce a pdf and then hand that off?
If so, then presumably the print to file option for pdf is the exact
output that would be fed to the print mechanism?  When sending to the
printer I have the option of different varieties of postscript as well
as pdf (default), but print to file only shows pdf so I assume that's
what oo produces?

If I print to file and generate a pdf, it looks ok, but of course it is
page-by-page without any duplexing operating.

It is behaving as if there is a
  %%Requirements: duplex (tumble)
command in the postscript file.
I suspect the problem is in the print system, not oo, but it would be nice
to get the output from OO right before it goes to the print mechanism, and
then also know what the cmd is that it's using to send to the print spooler.

Thanks for any insights,

Gary