Hi Gary,

Gary Aitken schrieb:
On 01/26/14 06:00, Regina Henschel wrote:
Gary Aitken schrieb:
On 01/25/14 15:59, Maurice Howe wrote:
When you use "short edge" is there an "apply" tab or anything
like that?

No.  It's a dropdown, so it shows up once the menu is clicked; then
an "OK" to dismiss the whole dialog, then a "Print" to actually set
the process in motion from the main print dialog.

Wish I could at least figure out whether it was the driver or AOO,
as it was working a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I don't have
another printer that has duplex capability.  I suspect it's the
driver, but I'll be danged if I can figure out what's wrong with
it.

Isn't there a setting in the driver or in the operating system to
print raw data?

No.  The only thing that looks like it could be raw output is the choice
in the properties subdialog of the print dialog called
"Printer Language Type" which allows selection of pdf (the default) and
several levels of postscript, one of which is labelled "from driver" which
I assume means use the driver says it likes ps.

So why not try it out?

What information do you see in Cups? I've got a HP ColorLaserJet (which understands postscript) and see: Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4210x297mm sides=two-sided-long-edge

I'm a Linux novice and can not really help you. Isn't there a freebsd forum?

Kind regards
Regina