On 19 May 2014, at 03:34, mt <m...@lockedbags.org> wrote:

> Anyhow, a (very basic) example of how this could be obtained is in the
> "Write/Edit Post" interface in WordPress, with its two tabs (Visual | Text).
> I have no idea whether this is possible in OO - but it is my understanding
> that something like that is what people asking for "Reveal codes" might find
> useful.
>
> As WordPress demonstrates and Richard Detwiler already suggested, these two
> ways of looking at a written page are not necessarily mutually exclusive. So
> if they are in OO, maybe this is what needs to be explained to us users, who
> do not understand, nor want to know, about the "inner workings" of the
> program.

Ah, but WordPress creates HTML pages - open one in a text editor and all is
revealed [a knowledge of html is a prerequisite].

I am not amongst those who are demanding the 'reveal codes' feature - at least
now, but I do think that an essential part of the development process IS
providing useful tutorials or guides in addition to reference manuals.  Arcane
reference manuals went out in the late 1960's!

jt - digital curmudgeon since the mid 1950's.