On 08/02/2014 03:42 PM, JD wrote:
On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Randi Moore
<randimoor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
Hi my name is Randi Moore.  I am an online college student and one of the tech
requirements is that I have microsoft word 2007 or later version.  Well I do
NOT want to spend that money to download MS word 2007!  So my question
is.......if I type a paper in Open Office and then email it to my professor,
will she be able to open it and it be the same format in her MS Word 2007
program?  I have to make sure Open Office and MS Word are compatable programs.
Please answer ASAP

Thank You,

Randi Moore
My experience is that MS word does not play well with docs created
by openoffice, and libreoffice.
I have sent such docs to people who emailed me back and said my doc
was unreadable by MS word.

There is however another Linux free word doc editor: abiword

Just run
sudo yum -y install abiword

It has limitations, but for text only papers, it seems to work OK.
Paginations might not behave the same as on MS word.

Good luck.

Look up Free Softmaker Office. It contains Textmaker, which seems to be a good program that reads all the MS formats. I don't know how the output will work with MS Word. Maybe somebody reading here can tell us. This program comes from a German company, and has a spread sheet and presentation component also with itwhen you get the package.

--doug