Martin Groenescheij wrote:
On 21/01/2015 8:42 AM, Mat Walker wrote:
However, all I came across was a vile tirade of abuse from the user
'villeroy' on your (usually great) Forum.  This abuse was aimed at a
user,
who also was asking about xlsx.. It is people like 'villeroy' who make
'normal' folk like me go elsewhere.
We know that communication is not Villeroy's best quality, but he only
get abusive after posters keep coming back with the "BUT I WANT"attitude.

I quite share Martin's point of view here. Anyway, Mat is not the person who received the "impolite" answer, three months passed since that answer was given and a better OOXML support is in the works at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ooxml

I realise this individual is an independent person and not 'controlled' by
the OO team; but there really should be a way of being able to report this

The OpenOffice team for sure does not "control" anyone. People who interact
on our discussion lists, and this includes the forum, should respect the
code of conduct at http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html
(that page also answers the question asked in the subject line).

Regards,
  Andrea.