Le 22/01/2015 02:08, Urmas a écrit :
"Andrew Douglas Pitonyak":

...it will never be able to cope with OOXML.

So, now you're trying to lock-in LO users in ODF format? Priceless.

Please be more precise in your quotes. You seem to imply that Andrew said that.
It was me.

Lock-in LO users with ODF format? You are saying that using an ISO standard
format (a true one) would be similar to vendor lock-in policy? And that .xlsx
is the way of freedom for LO users? That's priceless! You made my day.

What I did mean and still believe is that no application ever will be able to
be really compatible with this format (I mean the custom version of OOXML since
nobody use the ISO flavor).

As for Villeroy's replies, he was just replying to whiners. And whiners are
just whiners, they come to rant and they add no value at all to the forum.
Plenty of similar threads where users understand and either cope with that or
use MS Office, without ranting.

By the way, OP is NOT subscribed to the mailing list. He's very likely to have
seen only ONE reply (from Andrea). He may consider that nobody cares, that's
nasty, too.

Moreover, I think there are also some nasty replies in the mailing list from
time to time. It can hardly be avoided, we are all just humans.

Hagar