No, it’s a rather old OSX security feature. I think it goes back to Mountain
Lion.

Go to System Preferences and select the “Security and Privacy” pane. Under the
General tab, in the lower panel that says “Allow apps downloaded from:” select
“Anywhere.” Put the pane away, and install AOO normally. After you’ve finished,
pull the preference pane back up and change it back to “Mac App Store and
identified developers.”

N.B.: Don’t forget to unlock the pane with the lock in the lower left corner.
Click the lock and enter your system password. Lock it back when you’ve
finished installing.

Jim