On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:28:36 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:14:43 +0000
> Darren Myers <myers_dar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Can someone please pass this comment on to the relevant incompetent
> > developer who created openoffice writer..
> > It has the a really obvious problem with the program...
> >
> > IT HAS NO BLOODY  SPELL CHECK!!!!!
> >
> > Seriously I ask you this, what IDIOT created a doc writer without the most
> > fundamental function????
> > Even when installing 4.1.2 it says its selected , however NO, it just
> > doesn't work..
> > I will be pulling my donations and putting money into Microsoft, where
> > things DO work!! albeit I will have to pay.
>
> If you set it up correctly you would find that spellcheck works.  If you are
> interested in getting spellcheck to work, this method cures most problems with
> an inactive spellcheck.
>
> Delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile. As you are using Windows do
> this by:
>
> Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste
> %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (not the search
> engine) and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.
>
> This cures most spellcheck problems.
>
> If it's not working, the document language settings may need to be changed. OO
> must have access to a spelling dictionary for the language as specified in the
> document settings (look in the status bar below the main text area).
>
> This tutorial takes you through all that step by step:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512
>
> If you wish to migrate to MS Word that is your decision.

  The OP's an 'UTTER , UTTER moron'. It's too difficult for imbeciles like
  him/her to simply look at the 'preferences' and adjust things as they
  need/want. That kind of stupidity and laziness needs to test the warning label
  on a plastic bag.

--
http://www.wacobikerjustice.com/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/14/confederate-soldiers-are-american-