On Sat, 13 Aug 2016, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 12:33:37 -0400 (EDT)
Felmon Davis <dav...@union.edu> wrote:

greets!

I suspect it's not possible without attempting a macro but:

is it possible to save say pages 10 to 20 of a document to a file?

I know one can export selected pages to a pdf but I'd like to 'export'
selected pages to odt or, preferably, to doc.

basically 'save as' but get to choose the pages.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Reporter:   "How did you like school when you were growing up, Yogi?"
Yogi Berra: "Closed."

On the rare occasions I need to do this I use one of two approaches. I either Save the file under a new name, then delete the earlier and later pages to leave only what I require, or I select and Copy the pages required, pasting them into a new file.

yeah, I'm stuck doing this.

only the first option works as the document is highly formatted so I'd have to recreate the formatting.

luckily relatively short, need five chunks from 50+ pages.

related issue: is there an easy way to convert page numbers from 'fields' to ordinary numbers?

sigh, I assume I have to re-set pagination on each sub-file if I want that.

maybe I should have done this as a 'master document'? fooled with that a couple of yrs ago but the added layer of complexity did not bring an added degree of gain.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

today, n.:
        A nice place to visit, but you can't stay here for long.