Or perhaps…
Create new doc.
From styles menu: load styles
From the dialog that results, check the “From file” box.
Select your original file from the dialog that results;
Choose the parameters from the import dialog;
Import.

Anyway, that’s the way I do it. I don’t like the “Select everything and delete
it” option, because I did that once. Screwed up and chose to save the file. It
did what I told it, and saved an empty doc over my finished report.
Fortunately, I use a Mac with a Time Machine backup, so I didn’t lose it all.
But it was--at least momentarily--a heart-stopper.

Jim