[orcmid]

Up through OpenOffice.org 3.3, printed guides were provided through a group
known as ODF Authors, <http://www.odfauthors.org/>.  There was a setup to
continue developing guides for Apache OpenOffice.  However, the AOO project did
not sustain that effort.  The ODF Authors work continued with LibreOffice only.
 Some of those works, and works of other authors, are available in printed
form.  Much of that material remains applicable to Apache OpenOffice as well.

As a practical matter, the Apache OpenOffice project does not have volunteers
for the undertaking you suggest.  The only user documentation effort involves
occasional contributions to wiki pages.

 - Dennis