On August 29, 2016 03:07:07 PM Julian Thomas wrote:
>> On Aug 29, 2016, at 11:24, Dennis E. Hamilton
>> <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> As a practical matter, the Apache OpenOffice project does not have
>> volunteers for the undertaking you suggest.  The only user
>> documentation effort involves occasional contributions to wiki
>> pages.
>Is there any hope that a Missing Manual could be prepared?

If you will excuse the lack of humbleness, my book Designing with
LibreOffice applies in many ways to OpenOffice, too, and is released
under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License. That means that
anyone can modify the book as they choose, so long as they give me
credit for the original

Perhaps converting my book so that it focuses on OpenOffice would be a
task that could easily be accomplished by one or two people? If anyone
is interested in the task, I would give them whatever advice they need.

Moreover, assuming it is up to editorial standards, I am sure that
Friends of OpenDocument would add the result to its Lulu.com page,
resulting in a small but steady return for those who did the work.

Anyone who is interested can contact me via this email.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7189 (Pacific time)
Writer of "Designing with LibreOffice"