On 23/11/16 7:28 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
Hi,

To be clear, there is absolutely no way to recover your file as it is.
At best, you can try to recover something from the temporary files, see: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056 Have you made sure there was no back-up in the profile (if you had the option Always create a backup copy checked in the options)?

Indeed, this is a problem known for quite some times. IMHO the most critical one. But nothing done yet about that.
Very often, it is linked to power shortage during the save operation.

OpenOffice need some time to compress and write the file to disk.
If a user shut down his system before the file is saved to disk this could happen.
If the user also save the file on a Cloud Drive it is more likely to happen.
And if a retired computer professional does this without creating backups he has to live with the consequences.

Hagar