I had just opened the Sheet. There was no formatting. I understand the distinction in how to see if it is text. It did not appear to be text. I copied the values per the instructions from a forum using the Value command  from the cells into the adjacent column and still it did not recognize the numbers as text. I was programming in HEX modularly when you were in Kindergarten. I have an IQ over 160. I do not need your condescension in remarking that perhaps I need something simple. Your job as tech support is to consider the input from your customers not to take amateurish cheap shots. You have a problem with your product. Perhaps if you would listen to your customers instead of taking juvenile asinine responses.