On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, Cindy Wardle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Openoffice and have loved it for several years now.  But just recently
> when I went to open up my saved document spreadsheet it takes about 5 minutes
> to open up my saved copies.  They are just stand spreadsheets with a
> description line, cost, sold, fees and ending total.  The entire file so far
> this year is 2.0 MB.
>
> Once it does open up and type any more information to it and then click
> Save..........it takes that same length of time to save the information.
>
> On the community forum they want me to upload the file but I don't want to
> share all of that information.  Any ideas of what else could be wrong that I
> could check on my end?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Cindy

It is possible to remove your private information before uploading the
file. For example, in Find & Replace, make sure 'Regular expressions'
are enabled and ask it to replace all '[a-z]' by 'x'. All of the
lowercase letters will be replaced by 'x'. You can also replace
'[A-Z]' and '[0-9]' if you want. Make sure the problem still occurs
after doing it.

- Robert