On 21/10/18 12:33 pm, Cindy Wardle wrote:
Hi,

I have Openoffice and have loved it for several years now.  But just recently when I went to open up my saved document spreadsheet it takes about 5 minutes to open up my saved copies.  They are just stand spreadsheets with a description line, cost, sold, fees and ending total.  The entire file so far this year is 2.0 MB.

OpenOffice saves the documents as zipped files, when you open the spreadsheet OpenOffice will unzip the file which will take some time. But this will not take 5 minutes, so I assume there could be something else that slowdown the process. It could be the complexity of the calculations it need to perform. If you link to an other spreadsheet it will update (refresh) the links in your working document.
There are a few test you can do to see where the bottleneck could be.
1. Under Tools -> Cells uncheck the AutoCalculate option and see if that speedup the saving process. 2. Under Edit -> Links you can disable the Auto Update function (only if you have linked documents)

Once it does open up and type any more information to it and then click Save..........it takes that same length of time to save the information.

On the community forum they want me to upload the file but I don't want to share all of that information.  Any ideas of what else could be wrong that I could check on my end?

Thanks for your time,
Cindy