----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Cindy Wardle" <cin...@mepotelco.net>
> Para: users@openoffice.apache.org
> Enviados: Domingo, 21 de Octubre 2018 3:33:29
> Asunto: Have a question please

> Hi,
>
> I have Openoffice and have loved it for several years now.  But just
> recently when I went to open up my saved document spreadsheet it takes
> about 5 minutes to open up my saved copies.  They are just stand
> spreadsheets with a description line, cost, sold, fees and ending
> total.  The entire file so far this year is 2.0 MB.
>
> Once it does open up and type any more information to it and then click
> Save..........it takes that same length of time to save the information.
>
> On the community forum they want me to upload the file but I don't want
> to share all of that information.  Any ideas of what else could be wrong
> that I could check on my end?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Cindy

Well, maybe the problem is about file format you are using. Are you using ods
or maybe xls or xlsx?
If you are using xls or xlsx, I'd suggest you to save it as ODF Spreadsheet
(*.ods)
If you are already using ODS format then I'd suggest you to select only the
cells with content and paste them into a new spreadsheet. Save that new
spreadsheet with a different file name and test if it opens faster.
If I can't take a look at your spreasheet there's nothing more I can say.
Good luck!