Ron,

Something I neglected in my original response is frequent backups. In OSX there
is a built in app, TimeMachine, that regularly (to whatever frequency you want)
backs up files to external storage. I use an external 1 TB hard drive for
frequent saves (15-30 minute intervals) then a cloud backup for less frequent
(daily to weekly).

Sent from my iPhone