On 2023-11-05 11:58, Donald Town wrote:
First, thanks to ALL of you for your responses & courtesy.

Second, I don't know how to tell / determine what kind of document it is... between
database or ... "Calc'... whatever distinguishes.
At the top left of the window in which you are working should appear the filename followed by the application that has opened the file - Calc for spreadsheet or Base for database.
Third, from the Get Info box... on one ( Macbook ) computer, I'm using ...
Version: OpenOffice 4.1.8 AOO418m3 (Build:9803)

...and on a different computer ( a more often used iMac)
Version: 3.1.1 (Build: 9420)

The formula I should have used works logically elsewhere outside OO, but not in
the OO document.
When asking originally, I errored using the above as a two part formula... that
actually contained a problem in the first place.
Apologies for the mistaken way I described my predicament originally.
Mathematically I could / should have written it as...

If K102 < 14 then L102 = "Yes", else L102 = "No"
I'll continue to assume Calc until proven otherwise. Note that a spreadsheet formula can only affect the cell in which it is contained. If you want to display the "Yes" or "No" in L102 then the formula must be in L102 and would be:
=IF(K102 < 14; "Yes"; "No")

... but I most certainly still do not understand how to make that work right in
my document.
I can set up a simplified version if that helps everything... and if it's ok to
send it to the list.
The list strips attachments, so that wouldn't be possible. Alternatively you could register and post on https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php

So, that's where things are...and most certainly I do appreciate the input /
feedback / help.
Thanks again for everyone's input and courtesy.

Don
      On Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 08:00:25 PM EDT, 許哲崇 <fide...@gmail.com>