On Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 11:10:28 PM EDT, David Robley
<da...@robley.au> wrote:

>On 2023-11-05 11:58, Donald Town wrote:
>>
>> First, thanks to ALL of you for your responses & courtesy.
>>
>> Second, I don't know how to tell / determine what kind of document it is...
>> between database or ... "Calc'... whatever distinguishes.

>At the top left of the window in which you are working should appear the
filename followed by the application that has opened the file - Calc for
spreadsheet or Base for database.

Ah! D'oh! I MISSED that staff meeting! Yup, it's there but I never noticed that
part!

>> Mathematically I could / should have written it as...
>>
>> If K102 < 14 then L102 = "Yes", else L102 = "No"

>I'll continue to assume Calc until proven otherwise.

No longer an assumption now!

>Note that a spreadsheet formula can only affect the cell in which it is
>contained.

THIS is why it wasn't working for me. I was trying to do it by "remote control"
from elsewhere!

>If you want to display the "Yes" or "No" in L102 then the formula must be in
>L102 and would be:
>=IF(K102 < 14; "Yes"; "No")

I made a test file on THIS computer and it worked.
Transferred the test file to the OTHER machine and it also worked.
Somehow I was making one other minor mistake ... after I had tried it in the
correct spot.

>> I can set up a simplified version if that helps everything... and if it's ok
>> to send it to the list.

>The list strips attachments, so that wouldn't be possible.

Good thing to know. Kind'a thought that was the case...
I've actually been monitoring the list a little for some time now... but hadn't
sent anything.
MOST times I can figure out most of what is needed.

>Alternatively
>you could register and post on
>https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php

Hmmm... I did register quite some time ago.
Actually sending thie message, I grabbed the address to post straight off
someone else's post.
My issue HERE may be that I'm using a different computer than the one I
registered on.
THAT one... is down and not functional... so maybe the mailing software is
blocking me from posting directly because I'm not posting from the origin
machine that I originally subscribed from... a borrowed computer.

> So, that's where things are...and most certainly I do appreciate the input /
> feedback / help.
> Thanks again for everyone's input and courtesy.

... and Robin, please don't give up on being courteous to people.
Your on list courtesy in your attempt is certainly *NON-toxic", & friendly!

I appreciate your olive branch!