On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 23:13 -0800, Pascal DeMilly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am importing some CSV files where the datse are in text format either
> as YYMMDD or YYYYMMDD. How do I tell calc that those cells should be
> formatted as Date from a string after it has been imported? When I tried
> to use the date format it takes the text value as a numeral
> representation (possibly some Julian representation of a date) and gives
> me something completely different than expected.
>
> TIA
>
> Pascal

Pascal:

I was playing around with this and found something I never knew!

When you import the csv, do you do Insert->Sheet? If you do, you will
get more options.

Select from file, and then get your file. Go through and set your
delimiters, and then once the "preview" is showing near the bottom of
the dialog, click on the column that has your date field. Then you can
select in the drop box what format to use, and I think the one you want
is there (date YMD).

This worked for me with both YYYY and YY.

Is that what you needed?

Crystle
--
Crystle Numan, B.Sc., Web Developer
Guided Vision: the possibilities are endless