Well, the original problem (my problem anyway, I don't know about Jim
Wagner's) was that I couldn't print to the networked printers directly
from OO_write.  Running spadmin to set the default properties from "lpr"
to "kprinter" worked around this.

However I could print just fine using lpr from a command line, emacs, or
any other app that used 'lpr'.  That kinda made (makes) me think the
issue is specific to OO, since that's the only application (or set of
'em) that wouldn't work with my original queue setup.  Ours are all
postscript printers, btw.

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,