My problem was that I couldn't find spadmin using find; someone on the
list turned me on to locate.  Having found it with locate, I ran spadmin
to change the printer command from lpr to kprinter.

Apparently you object to kprinter?  I can't help you then, sorry.
Actually I don't know what kprinter even is; there's no man page or info
on it....  Outside of OO, I just use lpr as always....

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,