Javier Rivera wrote:
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) escribió:

A problem comes in, specifically for users like myself, who do not have
the latest and greatest Mozilla/Thunderbird package or the understanding
to download, compile and install it

Usually you don't need to compile it. Since you're using linux you probably can obtain it with the package manager of your distro. Or you can download the tarball from http://www.mozilla.org , it's a windows-like installer.
I'll try it, but hope it doesn't break anything.

I am using Mozilla 1.4 and do not have the
full headers displaying when I read email offline.

It's a quite old version.
Well thankfully this isn't M$ where you have to have the latest and greatest. :)

If you can give me something to look for in the headers that the filters
will pick up,

I can't remenber how Mozilla 1.4 worked.

You need to look for this heading:

[snip]
Thank you for the HOWTO, It is the same on Mozilla 1.4. I've set the filter up so I'll see tonight when I download all those unsubbed user emails :)
I'm working with the spanish version of Thunderbird, so the name of the menus or items can be somewhat different in your version (I'm translating them from Spanish).
Your Spanish-English translation is better than most people can speak it. I personally did not notice any glaring errors. :)