I have been sent an xls file that throws up errors when opened in both
ooo1.1.4 and 2beta, on both windows and linux.

It works perfectly when used on MSOffice 2000.

The file uses the INDIRECT function extensively, and I suspect that is
where the problem lies, but I do not know enough about spreadsheets to
be able to judge properly whether it suffers from the same problems as
are listed in Issues under the use of INDIRECT, particularly as it does
not seem to use named ranges, which seem to cause problems with ooo at
the moment when importing xls files.

I have placed the file on:

http://www.greenking.demon.co.uk/oootest/programsooo2test.xls

for any calc experts out there who could check if the reasons it will
not work in ooo have already been listed in Issues, or whether it is a
new bug.

There are a lot of hidden rows/columns and some hidden sheets.  Not to
stop prying eyes, but simply because most of the users would only be
confused by extraneous material.

The errors arise on the 'Programme' sheet - error:508

--
John

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>