On Monday 23 May 2005 14:19,  the author G. Roderick Singleton contributed to
the dialogue on Re: [users] Reformatting sub-documents:
& On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 07:09 +1000, Pierre wrote:
& > cono wrote:
& > >> Is there a way to reformat existing (imported) sub-documents according
& > >> to the styles in the master-document?
& > >>
& > > One way to achieve this, is loading styles in the existing document.
& > >
& >
& > Thanks. I had tried that but found the results mixed. Outline numbering
& > on headings turned into a real mess.
& >
& > I've decided to go back to MSWord as I need to finish the document
& > within the week. I'll have another look when I'm more relaxed ;-)
& >
&
& I was not aware that MSO did Books or Master documents. I remember
& having to employ a macro to do this with MSO. BTW using a beta candidate
& for production work is not a good idea in any case so maybe you are
& taking the best approach. Had you been using the stable 1.1.4 release
& there are many macros that may have helped. For example,
& http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/word_processing/PincOOo_V2.sxw
&

If you have microsoft office professional you might look at exporting the file
in XML format - you can even produce customized schema or import the data
into existing schemas.. However if you are not familiar with that you might
want to stay with what you know until you have time to look into it.

David
& Look forward to you trying again and remember this list for asking
& questions.

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.