cono wrote:

In OOo1.9... you find this feature on the Stylist (F11) botton
top-right, lowest item.
In OOo1.1... you can find it under Format|Styles|Load styles.

If you choose to load all the styles from the new master-doc ...

I cannot promise this solves all the problems, since I do not know what
they are, of course. But in general it is very fast and effective.

I'd tried that but got very flaky results, mainly with outline numbered headings. The master document was OK, but the sub-documents didn't re-number properly. IN some cases they didn't number at all, although the font properties and paragraph styles were OK. Maybe a 'bug' in OOo 1.9.104?

Anyway, I had to finish the document so did it in Word. I'll revisit the matter later in OOo.

Thanks

Pierre